Our Hearts & Fists Are One We are outraged and deeply saddened from the act of violence in Charleston, SC, at the Emanuel AME Church. Those of us who are White stand strong in solidarity with Black, southern leadership around next steps and calls to action. The time to act is now and it is […]Full Story»
On the heels of the Ferguson decision, Georgia WAND expresses our outrage over the targeting of and systemic violence against all people of color today and every day. The manifestations of imbalance of power in the US mirror too closely the struggles that people of color have faced since pilgrims first set foot on these […]
Thank you WeCount! volunteers for working hard with Georgia WAND to Get Out The Vote during our Week of pre-midterm election Action! Whether you were involved with phonebanking, driving voters to the polls, canvassing, or all three–we couldn’t be more happy to have you as partners! Georgia WAND pressed Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp about the state of […]
What: Please join us as we mark 12 years of Standing for Peace and against war and militarism at the weekly Stand for Peace vigil. When: 12:00 p.m., Friday, August 22, 2014 Where: Colony Square, Atlanta (The corner of Peachtree St. NE and 14th St. NE)
More in this category
- Big things happening at Georgia WAND!
- Georgia WAND’s Emilia Kaiser Speaks at Moral Monday’s Jailed for Justice Tour Launch
- Thanks for making Mother’s Day for Peace 2014 a great success!
- Georgia WAND Comments to the Public Service Commission Georgia Power’s 9th and 10th Construction Monitoring Reports for Vogtle Units 3 and 4
- Moral Monday Georgia garners national attention
- Who Owns the Drone?