WeCount! Week of Action!(Comments Off)
Thank you WeCount! volunteers for working hard with Georgia WAND to Get Out The Vote during our Week of pre-midterm election Action! Whether you were involved with phonebanking, driving voters to the polls, canvassing, or all three–we couldn’t be more happy to have you as partners! […]Full Story»
What: Please join us as we mark 12 years of Standing for Peace and against war and militarism at the weekly Stand for Peace vigil. When: 12:00 p.m., Friday, August 22, 2014 Where: Colony Square, Atlanta (The corner of Peachtree St. NE and 14th St. NE)
Georgia WAND is up to something big. We’ve just completed a new Strategic Plan, informed by you via the 2013 Stakeholder Survey. In the coming weeks, we look forward to unveiling our strategic direction that builds on our programmatic and fundraising sucesses, introducing our dynamic new board members and asking you to take actions to […]
On Monday, July 28, Georgia WAND’s Emilia Kaiser helped to launch Moral Monday’s Jailed for Justice Tour across Georgia when she spoke about her experience taking arrest in response to Governor Deal’s refusal to expand Medicaid in Georgia. Here are her comments: “My name is Emilia Kaiser, and I am honored and proud to have […]
More in this category
- Thanks for making Mother’s Day for Peace 2014 a great success!
- Georgia WAND Comments to the Public Service Commission Georgia Power’s 9th and 10th Construction Monitoring Reports for Vogtle Units 3 and 4
- Moral Monday Georgia garners national attention
- Who Owns the Drone?
- Atlantans to take part in national Day of Action for Fukushima Remembrance
- Georgia WAND applauds DOE for cuts to MOX program